Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sunday mornings in my kitchen

Every Sunday morning when I’m home I bake bread in the form of sourdough buns. As you can see, they are golden-brown and appear to be quite delectable.

I’ve been baking them on and off for around 40 years, using a recipe I created.

You can make your own sourdough starter or purchase it here.

If you use your sourdough starter every week, you don’t have to be concerned about it going bad. If you miss a week, throw some of the starter out and replenish it with equal parts milk and water and let it sit at room temperature until it’s bubbly. Some people use water instead of milk.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me: gejonas@sonic.net.

1 comment:

  1. I can taste the butter melting in my mouth......mmmmmmm.......
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete