Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas shopping at the Farmers Market

This past Saturday, after I ordered my flowers (mums, one of which you see above) from Steve Hilker at the Healdsburg Farmers Market, I wandered about and looked at what was being sold in the other booths.

I decided that I would do my Christmas shopping at the market. Hand-made brooms, jewelry, warm caps and scarves __ the variety of items offered is amazing.

Since the market closes at the end of November, I’ll have to shop early. I can’t think of a better way to enjoy the holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. The Farmers' Market thanks you, Gail. There are also winter squashes for .89/lb for Thanksgiving soups, pies, etc. Wonderful greens. Many people were eating Fuyu Persimmons, Granny Smith apples, and pears at the market Staurday. In the crafts aisle...lots of home knit and croceted scarves and hats, jewelry. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gail! The market is a vital local resource that I've come to respect and value more than ever this year. It is also a way to educate children regarding food sources.

    Thanksgiving food shopping and Christmas gift shopping at the market--supporting our local economy doesn't get better than this!

    ReplyDelete