Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Clarence Ruonavaara's 90th Birthday on June 18

I just learned that Clarence Ruonavaara will celebrate his 90th birthday this week. From all accounts Clarence is one of our most beloved Healdsburgers. After I wrote a "Neighbors" column about Clarence, he learned where my house was and began throwing my Press Democrat from the sidewalk to the porch every day as he walked by. I'd like to honor Clarence this week by sharing an article I found online that just happens to have been written by Al Loebel. See page 4 entitled "An Amazing Coincidence".

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mr.Ruonavaara! One of the best pitchers the Odd Fellows ever had, except maybe for my dad, the left-hander, Cotton Williams.
    I wish you a great birthday, a day to celebrate, and a year to remember.
    Your former HHS student (Social Living)
    Darla Williams Budworth (HHS-Class of 1954)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mr. Ruonavaara!! You have always been one of the special people of my Healdsburg JR. High School Days. After graduation I became the Secretary of Bob Malone and you, our Vice Principal. Some of my happiest memories of you and Corrie in the Attendance Office. Do you remember the day I shot Ed Matteoli's gun off that was in the safe?? You all came running. I see your nephew, Eli, once in awhile at the bank I work at now. Nice guy, too. Happy, Happy from Janice Cooper Isaacson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A REAL TEACHER AND MY OLD
    TUMBLING COACH. NORRIS WILSON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Mr.Ruonavaara!

    Just how many B-team, North County basketball championships did you win!! It must have been a record.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to one of the teachers who really helped his students develop, both in and out of the classroom. I've always appreciated you getting me to come out for sports. While I was never very good, I gained a lot from the team spirit and discipline.
    Carl Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clarence, Obviously you are truly loved by your former students.
    I will personally read to you each and every one of these posts.

    ReplyDelete