Monday, September 7, 2009

Remembering Smith Robinson: Part Two (Photos)






Smith Robinson is as close to a hero as I have. I have been lucky to borrow from Clarence Ruonavaara (my not so secret source for all things past) several original newspaper articles about Smitty that I will be posting in the next day or so. But meanwhile, here is a brief mention from the July 18, 1963 edition of the Healdsburg Tribune entitled "City to Pay Homage to Smith Robinson":
"No other person in Sonoma County of this era can compare in fame to this man who had been written up in Time and Reader's Digest, and was on Ralph Edward's 'This is Your Life'... in addition to a myriad of articles in local newspapers and magazines.
"Though succumbing at a premature 55 years, Mr. Robinson had lived a fuller life than most, finding that doing for others can be life's richest reward." 

3 comments:

  1. Shonnie, you keep whetting my desire to learn more about Smith Robinson--and leaving me hanging! You're quite adept with the cliff-hangers. Thank you for your beautiful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent the articles to my photo editor to translate into copy and paste so I can put them in the blog. Sorry to keep you hanging but Smitty's worth waiting for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't a complaint, Shonnie, that was anticipation! I think you're doing a great job and I'm really enjoying the delayed gratification. Cliff-hangers are a good thing.

    ReplyDelete