Saturday, December 12, 2009

CCCC Report # 1 - Tod finds a place to stay in Copenhagen

As promised yesterday, I'm going to do my best to keep you informed about local resident Tod Brilliant's adventures as he heads to Copenhagen for the Climate Change Convention (hence, the "CCCC" in the title).

Two days ago via Facebook and through the group that Tod was active in setting up, the Creative Job Agency, I received an urgent request from Tod asking all of us in this group to help him find housing in Copenhagen. How many of us would head to Copenhagen in the winter and not have a place to stay? However, how many of us have the incredible network that Tod does through all of his endeavors? (Check out his website to verify.)

I immediately contacted a distant relative, a near relative, and friends that I thought might know somone who might know someone who might - you get the picture - know of a place where Tod could stay.

A few hours later Tod e-mailed me back that he had found a place in less than four hours through his Creative Job Agency contacts!

Tod is on his way to Copenhagen this morning. I expect he'll be having more adventures and my job is to them to you.

(photo: Wikimedia)

2 comments:

  1. Now, let's be clear. I HAD a place to stay lined up. I don't know that I'd be brave enough to try to tackle COP15 lodging on 48 hour notice as a matter of standard operating procedures. Heh.

    The Creative Job Agency is at http://www.creativejobagency.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail and Tod, thank you for keeping us updated with the CCCC. I'm looking forward to hearing Tod's impressions of all that is happening.

    ReplyDelete