Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What Christmas activity do the kids in my life remember the most?

Over the last 40 years or so, I've made many gingerbread houses with children, grandchildren, and friends' children. As these children grow up, they commonly tell me that what they remember most about what they did as a child when they were with me is making a gingerbread house. Above are grandchildren Jade and Casey, now several years older, who will be joining me along with my almost-three twin granchildren this year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail! Hi Casey!
    At Thanksgiving I had a longing to make Gingerbread men and also to eat them. So I bought two boxes of mix and the frostings and some cheap cookie cutters. I made one box for my nieces and nephews which we all enjoyed and I gave them the second box to make at home. What fun! Making the house is even better. have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey is so adorable in this photo! He's older but still looks a lot like he did when he was smaller.

    Gail, you are a delight to the children in your life.

    ReplyDelete